Wednesday 26 February 2014

The Middle Child

At some point Bo decided to take what it means to be 3 to new heights. Loud, defiant and incredibly emotional, Bo is at the centre of just about everything that involves noise in our house. He finds it intolerable if one of his brothers is sitting quietly and quickly rectifies the situation.

We have probably put him into things like swimming, skating and skiing a bit too early, but he's a gamer and doesn't complain. This is largely because his greatest fear is that he will be left out of something. His most spoken words may be 'and me too?' or 'and I'm going too?'. He would rather cling to a ski instructor and fall on his face than not be included.

He is the straw that stirs the drink around here, but he's also our most affectionate boy. He loves his hugs and he really loves his mom. It's not easy being the Bo-man. Each day...each hour... is an emotional roller coaster. But the world seems to love him, so I'm confident it will also be his oyster.

I think everyone but Bo knows what's about to happen here

Bo has trouble sitting still when eating. This night he lost chair privileges and had to eat dinner while standing.

Before each lesson he asks if I remembered his swim shirt. Before each lesson I tell him I forgot.


No comments:

Post a Comment