Wednesday 1 January 2014

And then it was done

As we have for the past 5+ years, Jill and I rang in the New Year before it arrived. A movie with the boys, a movie for us, a little wine, a little Baileys and a kiss goodnight. It was a nice Christmas holiday and despite the chaos it is my favourite time of the year.

I have not made any resolutions for 2014 beyond continuing to do the best I can, and to remain focused on the good in my life. Too many of the good things are fleeting, so it is important for me to acknowledge them while I can.

Some snapshots from the holiday. Apologies for the photo quality. Despite having a $700 camera I seem to default to using the one on my phone.

Happy New Year:)

Josh freezing his butt off while siblings sled

The siblings

His new belly-whopper sled

Uncle Matt and Aunt Karen brave the cold

Impervious to the elements

Raz sledding sandwich

William talking smack after the race

Matt becoming a pose pro

Took Josh 1.5 seconds to figure this out

Loot distribution

Another noise maker to fight over

Before his brothers trashed it

1 comment:

  1. Love the photos. Maybe we will be joining you for some of the holidays next year...that would be so nice. 2014...what will it hold? So fun to ponder. You know that I only wish the world for you and Jill and the boys. Love ya, Bean xo

    ReplyDelete